Keywords play a huge part in driving traffic to a website. And this very reason makes the placement of Keywords very important. In many case, new and inexperienced webmasters do not know where to keep the keywords in the right place which results in the Google spider's not been able to crawl the keywords then. Before carrying out a SEO campaign, you must first select the most appropriate keywords and put them at their correct place. Lowcostseo will assist you in finding the most appropriate keywords to market your website. Now lets talk about where to place these keywords:
1. Domain Name - After Google's update in 2012, they give less importance to the domain name when it comes to website ranking however we still suggest that having your most important keywords in the domain name will still give you some positive results.
2. Title Tag - This is one of the most important place for keeping keywords on the website. Even Google gives lots of importance on the Title tag. There are of two types, first one is a website title tag and second one is a post title tag. Make sure you place your chosen keywords on both of these places.
3. H1 Tag - This is mostly used as a heading tag of an article or blog. The H1 tag is more important then any other tag and plays a big role in Search Engine Ranking too. You must put all keywords within your H1 tag.
4. Website Description - This contains usually the summary of one's site. When you write a description of your site, please keep the primary keywords in the description so that the Search Spider's can pick them when crawling it
5. Meta Description - This is much more important then meta keywords as this is used for the web spider. You must create an appropriate meta description for your site whereby the main keywords are also mentioned in there.
6. Meta Keywords - This is the section which contains most of the keywords. You simply list all the keywords in this area. Make sure you do not keep or duplicate the keywords together.
7. Article - Articles play a big role in all SEO campaigns, and through them you can effectively place your keywords too. You must always remember to place your keywords at the top of your article and include them in the meta description area too.
8. Anchor Text -This text is used both for internal and external linking. You can place your keywords in the anchor text area.
9. Long tail URL - We encourage the use of keywords in your post url. E.g if you're a blogger then you can simply use Permalink in creating your post url and place your keywords in there.
10. Alt tag - This is used as an alternative tag for an image e.g logo. Alt tag gives the web crawler information about the image and many webmasters are advised to keep their keywords in the alt tag of an image such as a logo on the site.
All the above places are very important if you require an effective SEO campaign. Nothing from above should be overlooked and the more you give emphasis on the above areas the better and quickly your site will get seen in the search engines! Below is an example of how keyword/s are placed within the website. This infographic was developed by PCmethods showing how the keyword in question should become the focus keyword in the content of the website.