Previously we talked about Link popularity of a site, today we will discuss about how to optimize Meta description of blog, website or a post. After you have optimized the Meta description then you need to optimize the Meta keywords on your website. After Google's latest updates, they give less importance to meta keywords, however many other search engines still collect data from meta keywords. They are used as the primary keywords of your blog or site. Today we will guide you through and share with you some valuable information about your website and blog.
The Meta keywords contain a SEO score of only 1 out of a total 100. This score indicates that this tag is not as important as other tags, however you must still optimize the Meta keywords. The Meta keywords contain the primary keywords of a blog or website.
Now let’s see how to use Meta Keywords in a blog. Follow the steps below as guide to how to easily place Meta Keywords in your blog.
1. Firstly go to the “Template” >> Backup / Restore your template.
2. Then click Edit HTML. After adding your Meta description proceed by also placing your Meta keywords.
Now we must use the following steps below in choosing the Keywords:
1. Avoid using more than 250 characters for Meta keywords. Use minimum two words if possible.
2. Make sure to place all primary keywords first then followed by the secondary keywords if necessary.
3. Avoid repetition of the same keyword.
4. Be sure to use both words and phrases when creating Meta Keywords.
5. Use comma (,) to separate each keyword.
6. Always use lower case to write keywords.
7. Make sure the keywords density is between 3% to 10%
8. Have a mixture of low competitive and high traffic keywords. If your site or blog is new then opt to use low competitive keywords first and later on add the middle to high competitive keywords too.
Ergoagency has outlined in this image below what exactly the Meta Keyword is and where is it placed on the website.
Search Engine optimization is a process that ensures that your web site ranks on the first page of major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. If the visibility of the website increases the page traffic will also go up resulting in greater conversion rates and profits.
SEO is a very useful online marketing tool and new businesses should pay special attention to it if they want to increase their brand visibility.
Benefits of SEO for New Businesses
- Low cost: The greatest advantage of SEO to any other marketing tool is the affordability. You just need to choose a relevant keyword for your business and optimize your web site with it. Whenever the potential customers search the web site with that particular keyword, your website will pop up in the results.
- Increase in page traffic: With good SEO services your web site will be more visible and be on the first page of the search results. It will be more visible to the potential customers and there will be an increase in your page traffic.
- Brand Recognition: If you are a new business owner, the biggest challenge is to make your brand known to the potential customers. The increase in visibility with SEO services will take care of it.
- Demand Driven: The customers usually search the websites with certain keywords when they have a demand or are looking for something. If your web site is optimized correctly, the customer will visit it and find what they are looking for leading to more sales.
- Improvement in website: Small or new businesses often tend to ignore the quality of their business websites. This is a major mistake since your website is the first thing that your customers will see. If it is unattractive or does not have easy navigation the customers will not bother to check out your offerings and services. If you employ SEO for your website your will automatically have to improve its quality in order to make the search process smoother.
- 24/7 promotion: SEO will make your website accessible all day long 24/7. It does not matter if your office is open or not or whether there are sales representative to answer the customer’s queries. Your website will be the one solution for all the marketing needs.
- Huge customer reach: By increasing the visibility of your website, SEO will increase your web site’s reach. You will have an international presence and can enter into business relations with customers all over the world.
- Stay ahead of your competitors: If you get your website optimized properly, you will be able to stay ahead of your competitors and rivals. When the customers search the internet, your web site will come up in the search results at higher ranks which in turn will give you more sales and profits.
- Connect to other people: Today SEO is incomplete without optimizing the social media. If you pages are indexed on the various social media sites, you will be able to develop healthy networking relationships with people of your industry.
SEO is a method of increasing the ranking of a web site in the major search engines like Yahoo, Google, Bing, Msn, etc. The most important part of this process is selecting the right keywords. Keyword is the phrase or the terms that the users enter into the search engine while looking for something specific. The search results include everything that is relevant to the term. But since the users rarely go beyond the first page of the search results, the best SEO services in USA will ensure that their client’s site is on the first page of the search engine.
This is not as simple and easy as it sounds. A successful campaign cannot be planned if the right research on the terms and phrases are not done. You must first understand which audience you are targeting and then decide on the campaign costs and the strategy.
If the keyword is used correctly, it can chalk out the strategy for creating the web site and including the content in it. These words are usually broken up because it is easy to rank the words on the search engines if it is broad. This is because there is less competition for broad phrases and they can be unique.
SEO basically seeks to optimize the traffic and induce conversion of the potential customers. Many times even the most SEO services UK tend to focus on the increase of traffic ignoring the chances of conversion. If the site is an ecommerce site the conversion rate is most important as it is directly correlated to the revenue and profits.
Here the value of proper keywords is irrefutable. They can be based on the volume of the search monthly in relation to the competition and the total level of conversion from those words.
In order to get it done, you need to shift your focus to the Ad groups and keywords. After entering the seed keywords in the search engine you must check for the review estimates. The authority of the search engines that are in charge of ranking the keywords is also important. This will help you get an idea of the competitiveness of the organic SEO techniques.
The Keyword Density
Another important thing is deciding the keyword density. You cannot stuff your web site with the keywords in a way that it may sound nonsense. You should also take care of the placements of these words. There are certain tricks to place them correctly and get the maximum hits from the visitors. You can put them of the headings and in subtopics to get suitable results. The Meta tags should also contain the keywords and there are not length to which they can be created.
Placing the keywords in the URLs are also are good way of increasing your page traffic and getting the maximum conversion rate.
There is no doubt that keywords are very important in the whole process and there are expert consultants who can give choose suitable keywords for you and optimize the web site effectively with it.