Did you venture into the world of e-commerce recently and created your first ever website? Then you need to learn the way SEO works. If you don’t, it would be very difficult for you to keep your website afloat on the search engines across the Internet. Your competitors will get more visibility than your business website, and thus, you’d be losing out on competition with them. If you have created a website, you must have heard of the terms ‘SEO’ and ‘keywords’. But you must be quite ignorant of the ways you can optimize your website or can divert a large number of traffic to your website. So, how do you do that? Read on to learn some wise and useful tips for doing SEO of your website…
·Did you decide on the keywords that you’d use to make your site popular on the web? Now, use these keywords in the title Meta tag of your website. This will help search engines cache your website better and more easily than others.
·When you are writing the Meta description for your website, make sure that the keywords are included in the description too. Write a short and crisp description of your website. However, you must make sure that all or most of the keywords are there on the description tag of the website. you also need to make sure that you are wrapping the page title with the
·If possible, include the keyword that you are doing SEO with in the URL for the website. It would mean that your website will be easily be cached by the search engine bots. When writing the content for your website, you need to make sure that there is a uniform use of keywords throughout the content of the website. You need to make sure not to do keyword jamming by putting too many keywords in a certain area and not using keywords at all in the other areas of the page. There should be uniformity as discussed already.
·If you are posting pictures and photographs to the website, you need to make sure to add ALT tags. ALT tags help the pictures in your website to get visibility.
·While optimizing your site, you need to use the links to different inner pages of your website too in addition to the home page. This would mean that there would be a large number of visitors to your website and that you would be able to turn a majority of them into customers.
·Even though many would tell you not to write lengthy content for your website as no one would be really interested to read those, the opposite is actually suggested when it comes to getting success with SEO. IN this, you actually read content to be read both by the humans and by the search engine robots. If you are making the content of your website interesting, definitely the visitors would happily go through the entire length of the content you post on the website.You must remember these helpful pointers while doing SEO for your website, not just for the first time, but always.
The basic reason for creating a good search engine optimization strategy is to get good ranking on the major web site like Google, Yahoo and Bing. It is true than Google often changes and upgrades its algorithms, but with certain well thought out strategies you can ensure that your web site ranks high.
Organic methods are those methods that are legal and can improve the search engine results. Some of the most useful tips for it are:
· Set up a proper list if keywords: SEO is incomplete without keywords. It is the keywords that are actually used to optimize the web site. Choosing the right keyword is a challenging task and you need to be very careful about what you are selecting. It should be relevant to your web site and the products or services that you are offering. You can go to Google planner and check the estimated traffic. This way you can get an idea about the keywords and phrases that are most common.
· Content quality: SEO is directly related to content of the web site. Make sure that you write good quality content that is well researched. Better the content quality better will be the web site traffic. Also make sure that your write lengthier content as it encourages client conversion. Making the content relevant is also essential since it will get more hits.
· Cornerstone page: It often happens that if you have several pages optimized with the same content, Google may not understand which of it is the most relevant. So it is a good idea to merge the pages together to create a cornerstone page. This way the search engine will not get confused about the importance of the pages.
· Proper keyword repetition: Placing the keyword correctly is very important for successful search engine optimization. Too much repetition of keyword is also not suggested as it will make Google treat your web site as spam. Use the keywords only 2-3 times in short articles and for long articles use it 4 to 6 times.
· Optimize the title: Optimizing the page title is very essential if you want to get a good ranking. Keep the keywords within 70 characters and include an important keyword in the title. It is preferable to put the keyword at the beginning of the title for better results.
· Write good meta descriptions: This is basically the HTML tag that gives a brief description of what the page is all about. It is different from the content written in the web site. This is very important to gain the proper number of clicks. You should write the description within 150 characters. Include the keywords in the text if you want to give good results.
Never use black hat techniques: these are basically illegal techniques that are not permitted by Google. Using them may look appealing since it may give quicker results. But, it is unethical and your web site can land in serious trouble if these are caught by the search engines